About Seahorse Trawlers
Seahorse Marine has been successfully building a superior fleet of displacement trawlers and motor sailors for over 35 years.
Seahorse Marine is a popular builder among the fraternity of power cruisers who seek economical, long range cruising boats. The yachtsman searching for a trawler with sound design and construction, enviable range and all around comfort to suit a liveaboard situation needs look no further than the Seahorse 54.
Owned by Bill Kimley and his wife Stella, the company is located in her native China in the beautiful city of Zhuhai near Hong Kong. Through Bill’s passion for building quality vessels and Stella’s facilitation of the boatyard, they formed a maritime family business that delivers an exceptional product.
The solid construction of the Seahorse 54 results in a vessel appropriate for inland waterways, coastal or blue water cruising. Some construction features include:
- Depending on location, clear gelcoat is used below the water line and the first mat layer is installed resin rich using vinylester plus two coats of Jotun “Safeguard” coal tar epoxy for blister control
- Deck lay-up includes core for stiffness and mat with double roving inside and outside laminates, overlapping and interlaced double lapping at stem and keel
- Depending on location, bottom solid lay-up varies from 3/4″ to 1 1/2″
The Seahorse 54 sports an impressive list of standard equipment, including:
- Single 300HP John Deere diesel with 3 to 1 reverse gear with electronic controls or Twin 160 HP
- 9KW Northern Lights genset (with remote panel) w/sound shield & water separator muffler for quiet operation with designated gp30 battery & isolator
- Dual zoned diesel hydronic furnace by Wabasto w/2 speed fans & custom teak vents
Safety is paramount aboard the Seahorse 54 – some of her deck features:
- 316 stainless 1 1/4″ pulpits and hand rail fully grounded to provide Faraday cage for lightning protection
- Hand rails 34″ high for safety
- Extra high safety rails around pilothouse to protect watch stander
Additionally, the Seahorse 54 2016/2017 build also has these options available:
- 2 ft hull & swim step extension to provide easier access from the dock & increased access to water
- Hawse pipe is up from deck to 10” under cap rail for ease of line handling, custom made for Seahorse
- Teak cap cover over aft FRP cap & starboard for appearance enhancement
- Custom jam lock fender placements through bulwark on port and starboard for ease of setting fenders
- Dark blue hull color option
- Taco rub rail on extended hull for increased protection
- Additional hawse pipe on midship starboard
- Larger port lights than standard for more natural light
- Custom wooden blinds for saloon and pilothouse
- Bow and stern thrusters for ease in docking
- Flybridge canvas cover
- Upgrade to saloon & pilothouse seating foam & cover material
For more information or to view a 2016 Seahorse Marine 54, contact one of our Professional Yacht Brokers at Ocean Trawler Yachts.